Prepared to Serve You SafelyOur clinic is now open for all treatments and procedures. Please be assured that we have always met all infection control recommendations and protocol provided by the Ministry of Health, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and Public Health Ontario. However, it is possible to contract Covid-19 infection (or any communicable disease) in any public place. We have modified our operations and protocols to maintain a safe working and treatment environment for both our staff and patients:
2 Days Before Your Appointment:
- You will be asked to complete the COVID-19 pre-screening forms either securely online, via email or over the phone 24 hours prior to each appointment.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Please respect your scheduled appointment time.
- When you enter the clinic, you will be asked to review the COVID-19 screening form again. You will then be allowed to enter the clinic for your appointment.
- Temperature check will be done upon arrival.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the clinic unless a parent or caregiver is required. The parent or caregiver will also be screened.
- Please use hand sanitizer when you enter the clinic.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times while you are in the clinic, except during your treatment. As our medical masks are still in short supply, we appreciate you coming with your own face covering.
- You will notice some changes in our waiting room to encourage social distancing. We ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the clinic at all times.
- Appointments will be staggered and managed to allow for social distancing between patients and staff. This may result in fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- All patients will be escorted to their treatment rooms from the reception area.
- As always, all rooms will be completely sterilized before each patient is seated. Extra time will be scheduled between patients' appointments to allow thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
- All patients (over the age of 10) will be asked to rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse at every visit to reduce viral load.
- Our operatories will be temporarily enclosed during treatment to contain aerosols.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn by all clinical and administrative staff, including masks for all team members; N95 or surgical masks, face shields, gowns, and caps for the clinical team as required.
- We have installed in-room medical grade air purifiers with HEPA filters in every operatory room.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the reception desk to protect against droplets exposure.
- Contactless payments, such as debit or credit cards, are preferred if possible.
Thank you for your continued trust and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back to our dental clinic.
Dr. Patricia Wan-Chow-Wah